Monday, May 16, 2011

[REVIEW] - Revlon Just Bitten

My fellow glam-aholics! Sorry for the pause in blogging but being at home has its side affects, also known as bumming around. For some reason, I can't help but laze around in sweats, hair in a ponytail, and slippers. I look like such a mess when I am at home, that is why I usually prefer to be away. But, moving on from my excuses, I have a review for you today! A fellow blogger has asked me to review Revlon's Just Bitten and here it is!

Revlon Just Bitten in Passion, NARS lipgloss in Turkish Delight
Usually, I only wear stains in the center on my lips and a nude lipstick over it.. It creats a dolly innocent look and I often find that not as overpowering. I have used stains before, from Bath and Body Works, but I hated how sticky it was and how it seemed to disappear in a couple of minutes. Also, it seemed very diluted. I had to apply several times, often layering it, just so I can obtain the look I want. With Revlon's Just Bitten, however, that isn't necessary.

The Tip

The tip, where the stain comes out, is like a felt tip marker but much softer. I'm not saying that it has bristles, but that it doesn't hurt my lips when I put it on. The color goes right on without having to shake or push down beforehand. The color doesn't need to be layered on, you can if you want, but just one layer satisfied me. The Revlon Just Bitten also comes with a lip balm, on the opposite side. It is to be used AFTER the stain is put on. I found that it gave it more shimmer and does make it look much more normal. Of course, it still looked like I had just sucked on a cherry lollipop.

Before and after pictures (Sorry for how my lips looked.. I think the camera somehow made them look freakish =[ )

Before lipstain, with only chapstick

With just the stain, only layer

With lipstain and lipbalm

With lipstain, lipbalm and NARS turkish delight

I absolutely love this stain and though I have another shade, Flame, I think I might only like Passion the best. There are other colors but for me, I was only interested in Passion. I have worn this with lipstick many times, and often times the lipstick would be gone... leaving only the lipstain behind. So it is definitely durable.

I would recommend this to anyone looking for a nice, long lasting, color on the lips but isn't looking for anything too drastic.

With love and kisses,

1 comment:

  1. Oh my: the stain and gloss together are gorrgeouss.. That colour is sublime and with the balm, everything's so smooth-looking. @_@

    Remind me to hop on a NARS gloss or two. (Usually, I don't use anything on my lips-- maybe a bit of vaseline/petroleum jelly or balm.)

    ReplyDelete