Thursday, September 8, 2011

[REVIEW] - Bobbi Brown Pot Rouges

Hello fellow glam-aholics!

I know I haven't updated in a REALLY long time, but I've been having a tough time in life. I've been going through ups and downs of life and have had difficulty getting up in the morning at times. I'm slowly getting better, however, with the help of friends and family. There are days when I want to sleep my life away and there are days when I can get through my daily routines.

Well, enough of depressing thoughts; here is a review of my collection of Bobbi Brown Pot Rouges for Lips and Cheeks!


At first, I've only obtained two out of nine of the shades but I went to Washington, D.C. and obtained a third! Here are my current Pot Rouges:


From left to right: Calypso Coral, Powder Pink, Pale Pink

Excuse how they look. Apparently my stippling brush is losing its hair and some of them have stamped itself onto them. I've done my best to clean them before I took the photos!

I am in love with this product. I can't stress enough and the extent of my love for this! It lasts a while and while I use it everyday, I barely see a dent in the product. It has two functions, as a blush and lipcolor. As a blush, it brightens up the complexion and you can definitely tell a difference between the side that has color and one that doesn't. In the summer, I would use two colors to make it more natural. I use #11 Pale pink on the sides and #6 Powder pink around my cheeks; remembering to blend in the middle where both blush meets!
With my new addition, #2 Calypso Coral, I've found that it is perfect in the summer on its own. It gives me a nice coral flush as opposed to a pink flush with the other two blush. I like using it as lipcolor the most in the summer as well! Wearing Calypso Coral as both lipcolor and blush does not give a too match-y match-y look. As a lipcolor, it is pretty moisturizing without being too sticky. It gives a nice natural color as well.

Here are swatches:

 From left to right: Calypso Coral (flash), Calypso Coral (Natural light)


 
From left to right: Powder Pink (flash), Powder Pink (Natural light)


 
From left to right: Pale Pink (flash), Pale Pink (Natural light)


 
On wrist, from left to right: Pale Pink, Powder Pink, Calypso Coral
Photos, from left to right: flash and natural light



Love and Kisses,

1 comment:

  1. Great review! Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

    XoXo
    Plami

    http://www.fashionthrill.com/

    ReplyDelete